Thursday, April 15, 2010

Zimbabwe and Work at the Orphanage



This video shows our family's trip to Eden Children's Village in Zimbabwe, Africa. It mainly shows the orphans we worked with while we were there.  They truly touched our hearts.

My girls and I helped in the school with tutoring. My oldest daughter helped in the medical clinic bandaging wounds, helping with abcesses, and making herbal remedies for the patients. This was a tremendous hands-on experience for her and it reaffirmed her desire to be a medical missionary. My husband worked on a tractor that we shipped there through Tractors for Our Daily Bread.

Home schooling has allowed us to be flexible in our schedule and has allowed the girls to try out ideas that interest them.  This has been a worthwhile experience that we will all treasure for years to come.

4 comments:

  1. I must applaud you and your family for your generous and unselfish act. I feel so ashame of myself after reading what you are doing! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel ashamed LionGirl, but instead feel inspired to go out and do what you can with your unique gifts to make your world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I real love what you are doing; surely, it is very touching and insipiring. May God give your family more and more strength to continue touching others' lives with his great Love. Through your work, I believe, their hearts get more power to praise God's name and their lips to shout his Greatness!

    Hallelujah!!

    Valeriana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Vale...we miss you here!

    ReplyDelete

I moderate my comments, as I like to be sure and read each one. Your opinions and views are important to me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin