Friday, September 11, 2009

Our Homeschool Curriculum for This Year

Yes, I know it's been awhile since my last post. We started school at the beginning of August and here it is September already. I wasn't quite prepared as I thought I was at the start of school, so it has taken us awhile to get back on track...much of that consisted of wading through our curriculum options. For now this is what we are doing...

For my 1oth grader :
Saxon Algebra 2
Apologia Exploring Creation with Chemistry
Bob Jones Writing and Grammar 10
Spelling Power
English from the Roots Up Vol. 2
The Easy Spanish by Great Commission Languages
Larry Burkett's Money Matters for Teens
Exploring America History, Literature and Faith
Alpha Omega Health
Volleyball

She is also taking an AP English Literature class with our homeschool group, so she does Bob Jones Grammar when she is not working on her English Lit. class. I like that she is able to experience a class setting and is able to use her note-taking skills that she learned last year.

For my 8th grader:
Saxon Math Pre-Algebra
Apologia Exploring Creation with Physical Science
Bob Jones Writing and Grammar 8
Spelling Power
English from the Roots Up Vol. 2
Rosetta Stone Swahili
Larry Burkett's Money Matters for Teens
Abeka's American History 8
Volleyball
Write at Home - online writing classes

I'll be doing some product reviews on these choices in future posts.

1 comment:

  1. A good book for economics (if you plan on teaching it) is "Economics in One Lesson" by Henry Hazlett.

    ReplyDelete

I moderate my comments, as I like to be sure and read each one. Your opinions and views are important to me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin