Thursday, June 4, 2009

Very Tender Beef Brisket

O.K., I promised some crock-pot recipes to go with the Rival crock-pot product review I did a while back. Here is a favorite of mine (for the ease) and my family (for the taste). This is great for a busy homeschool day or during the summer when you have more time to cook but do not want to heat up the kitchen.

Very Tender Beef Brisket

1 3-lb beef brisket
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 envelope regular onion soup mix (not instant)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 cup catsup

Place brisket in crock-pot (fat side up). Sprinkle the sugar, soup mix, and garlic powder over brisket. Drizzle catsup over all. Cook on low setting in crock-pot for 8 hours. Transfer brisket to serving platter and slice.

Bon appetit!

2 comments:

  1. this sounds great.... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to love Crock Pots. Just need to get organized.

    ReplyDelete

I moderate my comments, as I like to be sure and read each one. Your opinions and views are important to me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin