Monday, March 23, 2009

We Had A Baby This Weekend


Before you say that you didn't know we were expecting, I have to say that this was a bit of a surprise to us. Every year we buy sheep, usually bottle lambs for the girls to care for through the summer as part of their home school learning. We then sell them at the market in the fall. See post To Market, To Market.


This weekend my husband brought home two pregnant ewes who we thought were due in a couple of weeks. About two hours after we got home with them, one went into labor and delivered her babe. It must have been the trip in the horse trailer that got her going. Reminds me of when I was pregnant with my first, and I would walk around the block to try to get labor started. Never worked. My husband should have just put me in the horse trailer.

It was a great experience for the girls to actually see (although they may never want to have children after this).

Spring...new life...birth of God's creatures by His design. Nothing beats learning through real life experience.

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome experience for the whole family. I have always wanted to witness the birth of an animal. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a horse trailer would have come in great use with my last pregnancy as well!!! We walked, and walked, and walked, and walked some more with no results. Ended up being induced. We just got our baby chicks recently, and they are such a fun homeschool and family edition! I can imagine the joy of your family working with the babes every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling. I would love to snuggle that darling baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter was in 4H for awhile and this brings back lots of fond memories! Your children are getting a wonderful, rounded eduction. :D

    ReplyDelete

I moderate my comments, as I like to be sure and read each one. Your opinions and views are important to me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin