Saturday, September 20, 2008

We're on Vacation, But Not From Learning

Aloha! We are in Hawaii for vacation, uh, I mean school. My hubby has a meeting here, and the girls and I are just tagging along. This is a view from our hotel room. Yesterday our schooling included touring the Dole Plantation, the Polynesian Cultural Center, and Turtle Beach.

At the Dole Plantation, we learned that pineapples don't grow on trees or underground. Who would have thought that pineapples grew this way?

Of course, we just had to try the pineapple ice cream for lunch.

At Turtle Beach, we saw green sea turtles swimming close to shore as well as a monk seal basking in the sun on the beach. Cool, huh?

At the Polynesian Cultural Center, we saw some of the Polynesian dances from Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, Hawaii, New Zealand and Tahiti. We also learned how the Samoans made their fires and made coconut milk. Did you know that in Samoa, the men do the cooking? Living in Kansas is great, but living in Samoa might even be better.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures! Can I go to your school?

    ReplyDelete

I moderate my comments, as I like to be sure and read each one. Your opinions and views are important to me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin