Saturday, September 6, 2008

To Market, To Market

To market, to market to sell some fat sheep . . .

Dad and Christine took our sheep to the market today to sell. This has been one of our most favorite homeschool projects. Bottle feeding lambs in the spring, feeding and playing with them through the summer, and then taking them to market in the fall. These two (named Buddy and Maisey) were our favorites. It was hard to let go of these two. How could you not love a face like this?

Empty Barn is what I call it. It's somewhat equivalent to the empty nest feeling when our children leave home. No more bleeting as you walk out to feed them. No more poop pellets in the corral. We are all feeling a little down about their leaving the farm, but we are looking forward to doing it again in the spring.

2 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful--makes me wish my husband and daughters were not allergic to animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still miss the sheep, but i'm looking forward to getting new ones this year.

    ReplyDelete

I moderate my comments, as I like to be sure and read each one. Your opinions and views are important to me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin