Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fire and Water

Because of my Osage heritage, I like all things Native American. I love turquoise and sterling silver. I designed this necklace from turquoise heishi and carnelian gemstone beads with sterling silver findings. The clasp is hand-made from sterling silver wire. You can see this piece in our shop, The Kit and Caboodle Shop.

SOLD

I titled this piece "Fire and Water" because the necklace was designed around Isaiah 43:2;

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."

One hundred percent of the proceeds from the sale of this necklace will go to "Tractors for Our Daily Bread" to purchase a tractor for the Catholic mission we visited in May. The tractor will be used to feed the children at a local orphanage as well as others in need in the community of Ifakara.


The orphanage in Ifakara, Tanzania

2 comments:

  1. Gayle, I apologize for the late publishing of your comment on my blog! My junk filter caught it somehow... Your jewelry looks wonderful, and interestingly, I visited Tanzania 10 years ago, though I don't recall visiting Ifakara. Your blog looks very interesting... I'll be poking around more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful necklace, and a great ministry too!

    ReplyDelete

I moderate my comments, as I like to be sure and read each one. Your opinions and views are important to me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin