Wednesday, July 30, 2008

4H Fair Results

The girls had another great year in 4H, winning many ribbons for their projects. Christine received a blue ribbon for Horse Showmanship. She also received a red ribbon on an acrylic painting (of a horse of course). She loves horses.

Kayla received 2 Reserve Champion ribbons: one for a knitted scarf and one for a polymer clay bracelet with matching earrings. She also received blues, purples and reds for her other projects which included photography, arts, and knitting (a pair of baby booties).


I'm is just glad that I survived another 4H fair with my wits intact and all of my bodily parts still attached to my body. Have you ever tried to keep a horse still while he is getting a bath? It can be a dangerous activity. Especially when you have several 9-12 year-olds squirting the horse with a hose while you are trying to hold it in place. I think I have a few more grey hairs from that ordeal, but I'll save that thought for another post.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to all of you! I didn't know Kayla was a knitter! Nice job! And Christine is a pretty impressive horsewoman. Wow. Wish we were there to see it all. :)

    ReplyDelete

I moderate my comments, as I like to be sure and read each one. Your opinions and views are important to me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin